Here's a very cool idea for organizing your jewelry. I usually grab my jewelry as an afterthought, and if I'm already running late, I don't have time to dig and untangle!
1 9x12 mirror
1 picture frame with 9x12 opening and a pretty wide perimeter
30 cup hooks (mine are 7/8", nickel finish)
OPTIONAL: framing points and framer's gun
1) Gather your materials. Disassemble the frame backing.
2) Check to make sure your mirror fits. I had this one left over from something else, so I wanted to be doubly-sure. Set mirror aside - do not leave it in the frame!
3) Measure the width of your frame's perimeter as well as the length of each side. Figure out how many hooks you want to put in and how far apart they need to be. Mine are 1" apart, and there are 14 across the top and bottom.
4) Make all your hook marks using the ruler to guide you.
5) Drill pilot holes.
6) Install your hooks. I have on gloves ONLY because it starts to hurt after the first few! Make sure they're all tight and in alignment. I finished tightening each one with pliers.
7) Once I had both top and bottom rows of hooks screwed in, I spaced out 3 other hooks on each side. Altogether I used 30 hooks.
8) Clean your mirror and lay it inside the frame. IF you're using framing points to hold the mirror in place, put pieces of masking tape over the spots where you will insert each point so you don't scratch the mirror (been there, done that!). IF you're NOT using framing points, just add the cardboard backing and close the backing tabs to hold in place.
Hang and you're done! Much, much better! I like the idea of using a mirror b/c I stand right there and try out different pieces to see what looks best. Lots of twists you can put on this original idea...have fun!