The Lancaster Diamond Quiltalong is on!
- Lancaster Diamond Flickr Group - post your blocks, introduce yourself
- twitter hashtag - #scrappydiamonds
- Pattern & acrylic template available at Ann Holte Quilting.
- Banners for your blog are at the bottom of this post. Please link to the flickr group.
This Quiltalong involves smallish, improvisational blocks, and it's a great way to use up some of your scraps and bits that you can't seem to throw away! There is no one way or wrong way to construct your diamonds! You can make as many or as few as you like - the layout lends itself well to this! Use as many or as few fabrics as you like, too! S'all good....
Post your diamond blocks to the flickr group as you go.
Go at your own pace.
I plan to work on mine over the summer and see where I am around Sept. 1st.
The pattern Ann Holte created is based off of a sampler quilt made in Lancaster, PA around 1860. The diamonds in that pattern are created using a combination of scrap-piecing, composed patchwork, orphan blocks and unique applique.
1/ The acrylic template used for cutting your diamonds and sashing pieces.
2/ The project sheet included with the template.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Banners for you to use on your blogs or facebook page. Please link to the flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/lancasterdiamondquiltalong/
150 x 200
200 x 267
300 x 390