You know when someone gives you a late birthday present, it stretches out your celebration a little longer? Well, this post is sort of the same thing: Fall Quilt Market has been and gone, but I'm sharing Daisy Janie's booth images with you today to rekindle the QM spark and give you a reason to enjoy a pretty fabric display all over again! A virtual gift you weren't even expecting! (As if any of us really needs an excuse to do enjoy fabric!)
So, Quilt Market.
I opted for a corner booth this year for maximum frontage and light (and one less wall to fill). My location was on the main aisle, just as attendees came out of the food court - absolutely primo! I mentioned that the Daisy Chain quilt was a show stopper, and this location was part of the reason why. It truly reeled people as they started down this aisle, which made for great conversations and a great show!
In addition to the Daisy Chain quilt, I also created...
- the pillows in the foreground (tutorials coming on those next week);
- the pleated stool covers using a tutorial from Sew4Home (Ikea Lack tables under there);
- an improv-pieced wall hanging (on the left), which features wonky log cabin frames of Daisy Janie's Selvedge Quotes. Scroll to see a a close-up of one of the frames. I will be sharing more on the quotes in a future post as well. Here's a process picture and a great one taken at QM by Sam Hunter of Hunter's Design Studio;
- the chevron quilt to mimic the Slate Path design in this collection - considering a tutorial for this, too - so easy;
- the fabric-wrapped balls above the flowy, hanging swaths on the right;
- and the entire birch panel booth!!!
I used antique details (tables, vase, large frames, wooden spools, crate) to add character to the natural, modern vibe of the birch panels and organic canvas backdrops. It turned out exactly as I envisioned, and I was so pleased and proud to be showcasing the Daisies 'N Such collection in such a charming, warm & inviting spot!
above & below: Selvedge Quote wall hanging.
Thanks for taking this little tour of my booth! And Happy Belated Birthday! Keep the celebration going!
See Daisy Janie's Where to Buy page to find a retailer who stocks the Daisies 'N Such collection.