Banged out a couple mending projects from the pile I shared recently. This top and a pair of pants that now has new buttons. I was bummed tho when I tried on the pants b/c they are much snugger than last year at this time! I guess when your buttons pop-off a pair of pants, it's a sign that you need to move the extra-sharp cheddar cheese and cashews from the bottom of your food pyramid.
See my notes below on this top...
The plunging vee-cut in the front of this top did absolutely nothing for me. It has a serged edge, so I didn't think simply stitching the vee together would look right. Grommets! Yay!
I added 5 grommets to both sides of the vee, using a fusible interfacing behind them to stablize the jersey fabric. With thick leather cord, I created a laced effect through the grommets. Added a couple beads that I had on-hand - the only ones with holes wide enough for the leather.
When I tried it on, there was a funny pucker at the bottom of the vee. I just added a dart to that spot - no more pucker.
The first time I installed the grommets, I didn't use interfacing. BIG mistake! I put it through the wash, and all the grommets popped out of their holes. Was kinda funny! I just unthreaded the leather, removed the failed grommets and re-did the whole thing after fusing the interfacing. S'all good now!